English classes with Mitzi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday

+12
Adi
Yana S
ilan.p.
Slava
liorap
Michael
yula k
Anton I
Anton ch
Eran
JennyI
Mitzi100
16 posters

Go down

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday Empty Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday

Post by Mitzi100 Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is it! We are finally getting to the end of the play. Of course, as we all found out today, pages 70 and 71 are missing in your booklets. Your assignment for Tuesday is to read the play to the end, and write to the forum saying what you think is on pages 71 and 72. Be detailed in your post. (at least 4 or 5 sentences) After you write to the forum, comment on someone else's post. Remember to write before looking at anyone else's post. Exclamation
This assignment is instead of the meeting on Tuesday, so it is due by Tuesday evening. There will be another assignment to do by Saturday night. I will post it on Tuesday evening.
Check your work carefully before clicking on the "send" button Shocked
All the best,
Mitzi

Mitzi100
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday Empty twelve angry men

Post by JennyI Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:20 pm

I think that in the pages 70 and 71 the jurors discuss about the woman's testimony. The 8th juror and the 9th probably tried to destroy the woman's testimony by explaining that the woman could not have seen the boy because she did not have her glasses on when she saw the murder. After words the 3rd juror probably tried to justify his vote for "guilty", without sounding rasist.

Last edited by JennyI on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

JennyI

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday Empty Re: Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday

Post by Eran Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 am

First of all I think that in those two missing pages the jurors that voted "not guilty" managed somehow to convince jurors number 10 and number 4 to vote "not guilty". I think that number 4 was easily convinced that the boy is not guilty after it was proved to him that that the woman went to sleep without her glasses and it's not reasonable that she decided to wear her glasses just before she saw the murder. I think that convincing juror number 10 was harder then convincing juror number 4 and that he decided to vote "not guilty" only after they strongly pressured on him not to vote "guilty" just because he has racial opinions. Juror number 3 was the most "tough nut" and I think it's kind of strange that in the end he changed his vote so quickly to "not guilty".

To jenny: I don't think that only the 8th and the 9th jurors tried to destroy the woman testiomony. I think ta all of the "not guilty" jurors took their part.

Eran

Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday Empty Re: Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday

Post by Anton ch Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:33 pm

In my opinion, in pages 71 and 72 is written how the 8th juror convinces the 4th and the 10th jurors. He convinces them by showing that the women testimony can't prove boy's guilt, because she has seen the murder without glasses. I also think that in those pages is written about the argument between the 8th and the 3rd jurors.

To Jenny: why do you think the 8th and the 9th jurors tried to destroy the woman testiomony Question

Anton ch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Twelve Angry Men - assignment for Tuesday Empty Re: twelve angry men

Post by JennyI Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:56 pm

To Anton: I think the 9th tried to destroy the woman's testimony because he the one who suggested it in page 69. Also the 8th juror is the leader of the "not guilty" assumption, so he probably helped. I am sure other jurors helped out but I think the leaders to this assumption were the 9th and 8th jurors.

JennyI

Back to top Go down

Post by Anton I Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 pm

In my opinion in pages 71 and 72 the 9th juror explains to the others that the woman could have been wrong about the murderer because of the fact she wears glasses. For example: if she went to sleep, then she wouldn't wear glassses, meaning she didn't see the figure clearly and might have thought it was the boy. I think that this explanation cinvinces the 4rd (who, in my opinion was almost already to voted "not guilty" because of the facts showing the boy is innocent) and 10th jurors (I wonder how they convinced they prejudice confused ) to vote for "not guilty".

Anton ch wrote:In my opinion, in pages 71 and 72 is written how the 8th juror convinces the 4th and the 10th jurors. He convinces them by showing that the women testimony can't prove boy's guilt, because she has seen the murder without glasses. I also think that in those pages is written about the argument between the 8th and the 3rd jurors.

To Jenny: why do you think the 8th and the 9th jurors tried to destroy the woman testiomony Question

This sentenceis really weird to me. What do you mean by saying "destroy the woman's testimony"??
By the way I disagree. I think that the 9th juror is the one who convinced the 4rd and 10th jurors, after all he's the one who started the conversation about the glasses and I think that he's the one who finished it.

Anton I

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by yula k Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:03 pm

The 9th juror explain why the women cant see the crime for sure and every one of the jurors is conviced exsept the 3ed juror.

I agree with everyone about what they say that happen on this pages,
like the part thar Anton I said "For example: if she went to sleep, then she wouldn't wear glassses, meaning she didn't see the figure clearly and might have thought it was the boy."
I think this way to that this is what really happend.

yula k

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:36 pm

I think on pages 70-71 the jurors will debate whenever the marks on the women, who gave the testimony about seeing the boy stabbing his father, are from glasses or not.The third juror will engage in a disagreeing dialog in which he will claim that the marks aren’t proving anything. Moreover, all the jurors except the third juror will accept the fact that the women’s testimony isn’t reliable anymore and the forth and tenth jurors will change their votes to not guilty. The third juror will remain the only one who voted “guilty” and the rest of the jurors will try to find out if he has any solid basis on his decision to vote guilty, which they won’t find, and it’ll affect the jurors to think that the third juror has a personal reason to vote guilty, which will cause them to start interrogating the third juror.

Michael

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 pm

yula k wrote:The 9th juror explain why the women cant see the crime for sure and every one of the jurors is conviced exsept the 3ed juror.

I agree with everyone about what they say that happen on this pages,
like the part thar Anton I said "For example: if she went to sleep, then she wouldn't wear glassses, meaning she didn't see the figure clearly and might have thought it was the boy."
I think this way to that this is what really happend.

Julia K, I disagree with you, I think people with glasses indeed go to sleep without their glasses, although I think people with glasses have the habit to wear their glasses immediately after getting up from bed.I’m assuming the women got up from bed before looking into the window.

Michael

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by liorap Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 pm

In my opinion, the pages 70 and 71 included some things like the conversation between the 3rd and the 8th jurors and the explanations of the 9th juror.The 9th juror triednto convinced the other jurors why the evidence of the woman wasn't something that can convicted tje boy.That's because the woman's evidence wasn't so clear and sure.The pages also included the changes of the jurors votes.

I disagree with what Julia K .I think that not all ths people with glasses wear them immediately after getting up from bed. For example I don't do this.

liorap

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Slava Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Well, I don't think there is much to think about here. It is pretty obvious that in those pages the jurors, at least the more talking ones like the 8th and 9th, explain and discuss the woman's testimony, and manage to show all the other jurors that it is invalid. All the other jurors, except the 3rd, will agree, leaving the 3rd as the only juror that is still thinking that boy is guilty. And of course, the 3rd juror will try to disturb the other jurors while they make points, and will get annoyed at the other jurors that they changed their minds.

I don't agree with Michael, because it is wrong to assume she got up. The jurors said, while discussing what happened, that she was moving in her bed, and while she was facing the window she saw what happened. Meaning, she was in her bed, and without her glasses. With the marks that her glasses make, her eyesight without them is probably pretty bad, so she couldn't see a clear image and identify the boy as the killer.

Also, I disagree with Liora's disagreeing with Julia, because she is actually disagrees with what Michael wrote.

Slava
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://english.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ilan.p. Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm

I think, that on this pages the jurors would keep discuss about what the woman saw. Some of them would try to prove ,that maybe the woman didn't see so clearly, and she just thought that it was the boy who killed his father. The 3rd juror would try to prove that the boy wasn't guilty.
Juror number 9 would try to destroy the woman's testimony.

ilan.p.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yana S Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:13 pm

I think that in pages 71-72 the 9 th juror is proving to the other jurors that the woman's testimony is wrong, because she has to wear glasses, so it's a little hard to beliave that she saw the murder from the other side of the streer, and also throw the windows of a passing elevated train. So I think that the 9th juror successfully convincing the 4th and 10th juror, so the 3rd juror will remain the last who voted "guilty".

Yana S

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:18 pm

The tow missed pages could tell about how the 10th and the 4rth juror ware convinced by 9th juror that the boy is not guilty and one of the proves were that the women, that so to speak, saw the murder actually could be very wrong because she weren’t wearing her glasses and for someone who could see a murders face from the window of passing el. train she needed to have an unnatural vision ability. And I think the 4th juror were the first to believe it and the 10th who were one before the last gave up.

Adi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jenia buzilo Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I think that on pages 71-72 the jurors will discuss the woman and they will prove to the 3rd juror and to the 4th juror that the woman can't have seen exactly what happend because she had glasses. And after this i think that the jurors who said that the boy was "guilty" they will change their vote and they will say that he isn't guilty.

jenia buzilo

Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by emanuel.Y Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Twelve angry men

I think that on this pages the jurors who vote that the boy is not guilty will prove to the jurors 3rd,4th and 10th who think that the boy is guilty that the woman didn't see well because she needs to wear glasses.There will be an argument between them and then the 10th and the 4th jurors will vote that the boy is not guilty.With the 3rd juror it will be more difficult to convince him that the boy is not guilty but eventually hi will convince.

I agree with Jenia buzilo that the jurors who said that the boy was "guilty" they will change their vote and they will say that he isn't guilty.

emanuel.Y

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Klepfish Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:10 pm

I think that in the missing pages the 9th juror tries to convince the 3rd juror that the women's testimony is wrong. The women probably didn't wear her glasses and heard some noises across the street. She saw two blurry figures argue with each other in the apartment. She wanted some attention and told the police that she saw the boy is killing his father.

* I agree with Slava, he made a good point saying that the women saw the murder while she was moving in her bed without her glasses.

Julia Klepfish

Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dima Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:26 pm

In my opinion, in pages 71 and 72 is written how the 8th juror trying to make the 4th and the 10th juror to change their vote. Also he will explain why the fact that the woman saw the murder without glasses can be a good evidence against the boy.

Dima

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down