English classes with Mitzi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last online composition

+8
Anton ch
ilan.p.
jenia buzilo
emanuel.Y
Michael
Julia Klepfish
Eran
Mitzi100
12 posters

Go down

The last online composition Empty The last online composition

Post by Mitzi100 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is it! The last online assignment! Crying or Very sad - one more chance to practice writing a composition! Here's the assignment:

There are cities in the world where it is illegal to use a cell-phone in a public place like a restaurant, in a library, on a bus or train, or in a store. In Israel, people speak on cell-phones whenever and wherever they want. What is your opinion? Should there be any restrictions about using cell-phones? Give examples and reasons to back up your opinion.

This assignment is due by Thursday. Check 1 other composition and suggest corrections by Friday. Make sure that no one else has already checked that composition. I plan to start checking and grading the compositions on Friday. I'll wait until 11:00 to give you some time to edit your composition. Make sure to look at the suggestions and decide if you want to accept them. Also, look at your composition again, and check it for mistakes.

All the best,
Mitzi

Mitzi100
Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

The last online composition Empty Re: The last online composition

Post by Eran Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Here in Israel, people often tend to be rude and egoist. We see it especially at the lines to the Bank or to the cash register, we see it when people smoke in public places where smoking is prohibited, and we see it when drivers drive while talking on the phone. Speaking on cell phones in public places is another example of this not responsible behavior.

It has been proven that cell phones generate radiation which may cause cancer after a long time exposure. The distance of the cell phone from the body affects the intensity of the radiation directly, and so people who talk in crowded places are in fact increasing the chance that other people will get cancer. I think that restrictions about using cell phones in public places are right indeed. I also think that we generally need to talk less on cell phones and use alternative communication methods, such as Emails and phone.

In conclusion I think that here in Israel we definitely need restrictions about using cell phones in public places.

Eran

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Klepfish Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:01 pm

There are cities in the world where it is banned to speak on cell phones in public places. In Israel you can't use cell phone in libraries or hospitals, but you can use it in other public places.
I think there should be restrictions about using cell phones only in few public places, like restaurants. It is because people come to restaurants with friends and family to relax and enjoy their meals and they do not want other people to talk on their cell phones.
I don't think there should be restrictions using cell phones on a bus or a train. Usually, people use cell phones on buses and trains to let other people know where they are going.
To sum up, I think there should be only few more public places in Israel where it is banned to speak on cell phones. It should be places like restaurants, coffee shops and cinemas.

To Ilan:
"use the cell-phone whenever and wherever you want."-use cell-phones.
"we can use the cell- phones in every place, except the library and the hospital."-use cell-phones in every place, except in libraries and hospitals.
"the new government must restrict about using the cell-phones."-must restricts cell-phone use.
"It is not gentle"-It is not polite.
"To sum it up,I really believe that it is necessary to have restrictions about using the cell- phones."-using cell -phones.

Last edited by Julia Klepfish on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Julia Klepfish

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 pm

In some of the cities in the world it is prohibited to use cell- phones in public places. In Israel, it is allowed to use cell phones whenever and wherever you want, and one of the questions which is emerging is should there be any restrictions about using cell-phones?

I think we should have restrictions about using cell-phones. It isn’t rare to hear people shout when they speak on a cell-phone in Israel. Those people don’t even care that they are in a public place like a picture theatre, where shouts are ruining the watching experience. Moreover, when people shout while speaking on a cell phone on a bus, they might decrease the concentration and the reaction time of the bus driver, which could put the life of the passengers in danger.

In conclusion, I think it is necessary and crucial to have restrictions about using cell-phones in public places.

Last edited by Michael on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Michael

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by emanuel.Y Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 pm

In Israel every child and adult has a cell-phone. Speaking on the cell-phone has become part of people's employment. This situation create a big problem. People speak on the cell-phone whenever and wherever they want, and dont care about thier environment. They can scream and disturb to thier environment, without consider anyone else.
In my opinion in Israel has to be a restrictions about using cell-phones in a public place, because it is not nice the situation which people speaking on the cell-phone,screaming and disturbing to other people, who came for thier own business, without consider them. For example if I sit in the bus, and behind me someone is speaking on the cell-phone aloud and disturbing to all the people on the bus it is very annoying.
In conclusion I against using a cell-phone in a public place and in favor of restrictions it.

To Eran:*You wrote "Speaking on cell phones in public places", I think you have to add "a" before the word "public".

emanuel.Y

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jenia buzilo Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 am

There are cities in the world where it is illegal to use a cell-phone in public places.
In Israel every child or adult has a cell-phone. The people speak on the cell-phones everytime and everywhere.

In my opinion, our goverment should take a law of suggest some restrictions about using cell-phones in public places.
I think , it should be forbidden to use cell-phones in the restraunts, because people come to have a rest, to talk with their friends and to enjoy and they mustn't listen to other people talking on their cell-phones.
I think, there should be some restrictions using cell-phones on a bus or a train, because it disturbs to other people that can relax or read the newspapers.

In conclusion, I think we have to do some restrictions about using cell-phones .

jenia buzilo

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ilan.p. Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am

There are some cities in the world where you can't use the cell-phone whenever and wherever you want. In Israel, we can use the cell- phones in every place, except the library and the hospital. Should we limit the use of the cell-phones like in other cities in the world?

In my opinion, the new government must restrict about using the cell-phones. I am sure that nobody is happy to sit in the bus, and hear someone else shouting and talking loudly about his personal business and problems. It is not gentle, and those people don't really care that there are many people in the bus or anywhere, who listen to his/her conversation. Besides ,it was proven that talking too much on the cell-phones can cause different diseases and hurts your concentration. I don't think it's normal to see a nine year old girl who is talking on the phone without a break. There have to be only a few places where talking on the cell phones will be allowed.

To sum it up,I really believe that it is necessary to have restrictions about using the cell- phones.

Micahel:

"emerging is should".. you forgot to put ":" in this sentence. "..is emerging is:"Should.."

"like a picture theatre" I think you should write" like the picture theatre"..

ilan.p.

Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 am

jenia buzilo wrote:There are cities in the world where it is illegal to use a cell-phone in public places.
In Israel every child or adult has a cell-phone. The people speak on the cell-phones everytime and everywhere.

In my opinion, our goverment should take a law of suggest some restrictions about using cell-phones in public places.
I think , it should be forbidden to use cell-phones in the restraunts, because people come to have a rest, to talk with their friends and to enjoy and they mustn't listen to other people talking on their cell-phones.
I think, there should be some restrictions using cell-phones on a bus or a train, because it disturbs to other people that can relax or read the newspapers.

In conclusion, I think we have to do some restrictions about using cell-phones .

Jenia B:"The people speak on the cell-phones "- People speak on the cell-phones. You should remove the "The".
"the cell-phones everytime and everywhere"- You should remove the "The".
"our goverment should take a law of suggest some restrictions " - this phrase is jebrish you should rewrite it. "our goverment should engrave a law which has restrictions" something like that sounds better.
"they mustn't listen to other people talking on their cell-phones" - I think you meant this : "They don't have to be disturbed by other people who speak on their cell-phones".
"some restrictions using cell-phones "- you forgot to add about after restrictions.
"because it disturbs to other people that can relax or read the newspapers" - "because it disturbs other people that want to relax or read newspapers".

Michael

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Anton ch Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Nowadays, more and more cities in our world fight against smoking in public places by fines and even laws. Some of these fights against the use of cell-phones in public places parallel by comparing the using of this device to smoke. The most extremist cities made the use of this small electronic device illegal.

In my opinion, all the things that are done against the use of cell-phones in public places aren't necessary. Cell-phones don't cause any damage to their user or the people around him. Even so, there are people, who will say that speaking for along time on the cell-phones, may cause cancer, but, there is no science research, which proves the written above. The main purpose, of having a cell-phone is to stay in the connection with your family or friends, when you aren't at home. Mainly we use the cell-phone, when we are in a public place in order to call a friend to come or something like that. Making this use illegal will hurt, mainly, the owners of the public places, I mean, as a cell-phone user, I won't go to a restaurant, which doesn't allow using a cell-phone in it. Moreover, the use of mp3\4 player may be loud. That causes inconvenient atmosphere in any public place like loud use of cell-phone in the same kind of place. If there are restrictions on the use of cell phones, there should be restrictions on the use of mp3\4 players in public place too.
Any limitation causes a protest of other group of people, that's not the solution to any problem.

To sum up, there should be no restrictions about using cell-phones in public places, because it doesn't cause any kind of damage to anyone. The restrictions simply encourage the users to protest against them and break up the laws again and again.

To Ilan:
" Besides ,it was proven" you forgot the word "that" ->" Besides that ,it was proven".

Last edited by Anton ch on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Anton ch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slava Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:23 am

The cell-phones may seem harmless on a first glance, but when you combine the loud and rude Israeli in to the equation, you create a small and annoying disaster. Some countries understand the threat to the society and issue laws against talking on the cell-phone in public places, drastically reducing the public's hearing of the loud individual's problems.

When you go out with friends for a nice evening in the local restaurant the last thing you want is to hear the problems of the person sitting next to you, or even across the room. People tend to be loud and rude, so it's not surprising when you're sitting in the bus reading a book, suddenly someone next to you starts shouting at his phone and with the already negative attitude existing on busses, and those things don't help. While there are many public places that shouldn't forbid talking on the cell-phones, like parks that should be packed with loud activity anyway, there should be placed some restrictions on places that should be quiet and relaxing, like restaurants.

In conclusion, I think there should be placed some restrictions in Israel about using cell-phones in certain places.

Slava
Admin

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://english.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by yula k Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:49 pm

There are cities in the world where it is illegal to use a cell-phone in a public place like a restaurant, in a library, on a bus or train, or in a store. In Israel, people speak on cell-phones whenever and wherever they want. What is your opinion? Should there be any restrictions about using cell-phones? Give examples and reasons to back up your opinion.

Nowdays everybodt have a cell-phone from ten years old to 60,and there are a lot of sorts of cell-phones : big or small, with or with out internet, with a camera and even with a mp3 so we can hear music in the cell-phone.

But some people think that Should be restrictions about using cell-phones so it would be illegal to use a cell-phone in a public place.I think that they are wrong because cell-phones are very usefull for example when a small child wuth a cell-phone get lost he can call his parents and tell them where is he. Also people that talk at the cell-phone in a public place dosen't bother the people at that place because they not making any loud noise so I don't understand why talking on the cell-phone in a public place is illegal in some places.

In calculation I dont think that Should be any restrictions about using cell-phones in a public places because it doesn't disturb any one.

yula k

Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Anton I Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Many of us might think that using cell phones in certain places is illegal. Yes, maybe it is a bit strange, but many times we really get irritated when people shout on the phone while we try to relax in a bar or a restaurant. But should cell phones be forbidden in any public place? Let's check it out.

To me it isn't that strange. On the one hand I truly think that cell phones should be forbidden in public places like in a restaurant, in a library, in a store or any other places you just want to rest and spend your time in a pleasant way. The reason why I think so is because (as I said before) there are some places that people want to relax in (for example in a restaurant) and not to hear another man sitting near them and yelling on the cell phone about silly daily things, that irritates a lot of people.
On the other hand, cell phones really shouldn't be forbidden in places like buses and trains. Sometimes when we go somewhere we want our relatives to know where we are going, and besides that, it doesn't bother anyone that you are talking on the cell phone on a bus or a train.

To sum it up, in some places cell phones really should be banned, but in others, it's unnecessary and irrelevant.

Anton I

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Cell phones became an important par of humans communication. Almost every person in Israel has cell phone. It is very comfortable to have a cell phone when you are far from home. The cell phones keep us connected to the people we love even in distance.
I don't see any reasonable cause to make cell phones illegal in a public places. People talk to each others all the time everywhere spacialy in public places. What is the difference if some one talks on a cell phone or talks to sombody else
?
A person who have a cell phone feels much more clam because the cell phone is letting him know that in any emergency case he have the cell phone and he can call for help. It makes him clam, because
There are places where the silence is very important there, like library spa or lessons because people need to focus or to relax and the cell phones
might be a rude interruption to this need. Those are the places where cell phones have to be forbidden but not illegal. But in places like resturant restaurant bus or trains cell phones should not be forbidden.
In conclution cell phones made our life easier and they should not be illegal.

Adi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Emanuel:

1) the situatuin creates
2) situtaion in which
3) the situation in which people...is not nice
4) speaking loudly on a cell phone or speaking aloud on a cell phome

Adi